Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY Wedding Centerpieces

I got married in March and made a lot of the decor to save some money and to add a personal touch. I looked at tons of ideas online (this was before I discovered Pinterest however) but when I came across something similar to what I did I fell in love and knew what I wanted to create! Super simple and not very expensive. Also pretty original if you're looking for an alternative to the standard vase of flowers in the center of the table!
You need wine glasses of all shapes and sizes, you can't tell in these pictures but I had a variety. I got half of them from Goodwill for $1 or under each and the other half in boxes of 12 from Ross for around $10 a box, I believe. I used 6 on each table. Then you'll need flowers, I got silk flowers from the dollar store, came in bunches of 6 or 7 for $1. Just had to take them apart. I used 2 sizes in the same color. Then the candles. I got a TON online from candles4less.com for about $30. I used unscented white votive's. And I think my favorite was the diamond gems. I got them online as well. They came in a huge pack of different sizes from gemconfetti.com for about $30 in my one of our exact wedding colors! And to add a little more color to the table I got some pintuck table runners in our other wedding color at cvlinens.com for about $40 for 12 (I got extra, only used 10). And the flower petals were left over from the toss flowers I got for the guests and flower girl. Everything else you see was provided by the venue. I averaged less than $20 a table (closer to $15 probably) and think of how much it would have cost to go through a professional for a centerpiece!

1 comment:

  1. Was very confused for my wedding centerpiece and then came across a site online. There found out great ideas for centerpiece. Selected a centerpiece for my wedding at Los Angeles wedding venues and it was looking amazing there.

    ReplyDelete