Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dump Cake

For a potluck at work I made a "Dump Cake." Super easy and since I am tired from working all day today I am looking forward to that! Normally I NEVER use cake mix just because making cake from scratch is easy and I always have the supplies on hand, however, this recipe calls for cake mix and I like how no mixing will be required.

Recipe

1 (20 oz) can of cherry pie filling
1 (21 oz) can of crushed pineapple filling in syrup
1 box of yellow cake mix
1-2 sticks of butter (I used about 1 1/2 sticks)


1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan

2. Pour pineapple (including syrup) in pan and spread evenly


3. Add cherry topping by the spoonful over pineapple


4. Sprinkle cake mix over the fruits covering the top entirely


5. Slice butter and place evenly over cake mix


NO MIXING! :)

6. Bake for 45 mins-1 hour


All done!


At the pot luck (top left on plate), was the favorite and must do again!

Many ways this can be done, different fruits and toppings. I plan on trying it with all cherries and chocolate cake next time!

Can also be made in a healthier fashion which I tried the other day (but didn't take any pictures).
Same idea but I used 2 (12 oz) bags of frozen mixed berries covered by white cake mix and topped with Sprite. The Sprite gave it a crispy topping but where the soda didn't touch the cake mix it didn't do a thing and remained powder. While eating it it still tasted good but was a little off setting scooping up the dry mix. Just make sure to cover as much as possible if you try that method!




No comments:

Post a Comment